Personal Assistant / Office Manager Job Description
We are looking for a versatile and organized personal assistant to perform administrative duties for the owner of a well established and busy handyman business. In this role, you will be responsible for answering phone calls and managing correspondence, scheduling appointments, making travel arrangements, basic bookkeeping, filing and other duties when required.
To ensure success as a personal assistant, you should exhibit great organizational skills and demonstrable experience in a PA role. Accomplished personal assistants are intuitive to the needs of the owner and work autonomously to provide customized administrative support.
Personal Assistant / Office Manager Responsibilities:
- Entering data, maintaining databases, and keeping records.
- Liaising with the owner and staff, answering calls, and making travel arrangements.
- Managing internal and external correspondence on behalf of the owner.
- Scheduling appointments, maintaining an events calendar, and sending reminders.
- Copying and scanning documents, as well as taking notes.
- Ordering office supplies and replacements, as well as managing mail and courier services.
- Observing best business practices and etiquette.
Personal Assistant / Office Manager Requirements:
- The successful applicant will need a valid drivers licence.
- High school diploma.
- Certification in secretarial work, office administration, or related training.
- 1-2 years of experience as a personal assistant would be advantageous.
- Extensive experience in creating documents and spreadsheets, using office software such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Typing, note-taking, record-keeping, and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage internal and external correspondence.
- Working knowledge of printers, copiers, scanners, and emails.
- Proficiency in appointment scheduling software, as well as call forwarding.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Great interpersonal skills.
Start date: ASAP